On today’s show:
- Matt former Ranger and man behind MBest11X.
- US Navy is updating the LCAC Platform
- Senate Intelligence Committee suspects Snowden of being a Russian Spy.
- UK military cutbacks now affect long-term partnership with US.
- Tier One Summit updates
- Grease Bastard shares the latest from the Shot Show.
- Listener Q&A
- Strange News
US Navy’s final alternative fuel demonstration for this year is a great success with the algae-derived, hydro-processed algal oil and petroleum F-76 blend in a landing craft air cushion (LCAC) transport vehicle. The test also marked the fastest speed achieved to date by a U.S. Navy surface craft using alternative fuel blends, as LCAC 91 reached 50 knots. The fastest speed demonstrated on the 50/50 algal blend in previous tests was 44.5 knots by the Riverine Command Boat (experimental) (RCB-X) in October 2010 at Naval Base Norfolk, Virginia. With this the Navy has shown that they can achieve more than 50 knots on the water and Mach 1.7 in the air — all on biofuel blends.